MLB Network Press Release
Division-Leading Braves, Cardinals, Tigers, Rangers & Red Sox featured in MLB Network's June game schedule
Bob Costas, Matt Vasgersian, John Smoltz & Tom Verducci Call Four MLB Network Showcase Games
MLB stars Miguel Cabrera, Robinson Cano, Buster Posey and Joey Votto will be featured across the MLB Network Showcase schedule in June as part of MLB Network's 24 live games scheduled for the month. Games featured on MLB Network Showcase presented by Chevrolet in June include:
- June 7: St. Louis Cardinals @ Cincinnati Reds, 7:00 p.m. ET
- NL Division rivals match up as Joey Votto, the NL's leader with a .351 batting average, and the Reds play host to Carlos Beltran and the Central-leading Cardinals.
- Announcers: Matt Vasgersian and Tom Verducci
- June 14: San Francisco Giants @ Atlanta Braves, 7:30 p.m. ET
- 2012 NL MVP Buster Posey and the defending World Series champion Giants visit the NL-East leading Braves, who have won eight of their last ten games.
- Announcers: Matt Vasgersian, John Smoltz and Sam Ryan
- June 18: Los Angeles Dodgers @ New York Yankees, 7:00 p.m. ET
- Longtime World Series rivals collide as Matt Kemp and the Dodgers travel to New York to take on the Yankees.
- Announcers: Bob Costas, John Smoltz and Sam Ryan
- June 20: Boston Red Sox @ Detroit Tigers, 7:00 p.m. ET
- Miguel Cabrera, MLB's leader with 57 RBI, and the Tigers play host to David Ortiz and the AL East-leading Boston Red Sox.
- Announcers: Bob Costas, John Smoltz and Tom Verducci
The remainder of MLB Network's June schedule features other high-profile matchups, including a rematch of the 2011 World Series featuring the AL West-leading leading Texas Rangers visiting the Cardinals on Friday, June 21 at 8:00 p.m. ET, and the Colorado Rockies traveling to the nation's capital to play the Washington Nationals on Saturday, June 22 at 12:00 p.m. ET. Six matinee showdowns also highlight MLB Network's June schedule, including Chris Davis, the AL's leader with 16 home runs, and the Orioles taking on the Tigers on Wednesday, June 19 at 1:00 p.m. ET, live from Comerica Park.
MLB Network's complete game schedule for the remainder of May is available here and the complete game schedule for June is available here. Games will be blacked out in each team's home television territory unless otherwise announced. Viewers in areas subject to blackouts will be provided with an alternate game telecast or other programming.
About MLB Network:
MLB Network is the ultimate television destination for baseball fans, featuring the Emmy Award-winning MLB Tonight, live games, including Postseason telecasts, original programming, highlights, and insights and analysis from the best in the business, including Bob Costas, Peter Gammons, Jim Kaat, Al Leiter and Harold Reynolds. MLB Network debuted on January 1, 2009 as the largest launch in cable television history and is currently distributed in 71 million homes throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For more information and to find MLB Network in your area, go to www.MLBNetwork.com.