The New York Yankees will host the 2008 Major League Baseball All-Star Summer
The 79th All-Star Game will be played on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at Yankee Stadium. In addition to the Tuesday night All-Star Game, All-Star Week festivities bring a variety of events to New York. The DHL All-Star FanFestŪ, Taco Bell All-Star Sunday, XM Satellite Radio All-Star Futures Game, Taco Bell Legends/Celebrity Softball Game, Gatorade All-Star Workout Day, and the State Farm Home Run Derby will span the five days (July 11th-15th).
Due to an overwhelming response the 2008 All-Star Week Volunteer registration is now closed.
Major League Baseball and the New York Yankees thank you for your support!
If you have questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What types of volunteer opportunities are there?
Volunteer opportunities range from DHL All-Star FanFestŪ, greeters, hospitality, office/clerical, information booth, event logistics and transportation.
Is there an age requirement?
All volunteers must be 18 years of age by June 30, 2008. A valid driver's license or state identification may be used as proof of age. Volunteers must agree to a background check required by MLB. Volunteer opportunities will be provided on an equal basis without regard to age, sex, race, religion or disability.
What type of training is provided to a volunteer?
All volunteers will be required to attend at least one orientation session pertaining to the event(s) for which they are assigned to. Most training sessions will take place in the morning and/or evening in early July.
What if a volunteer cannot attend their assigned event?
If, after you attend orientation, you cannot attend your assigned event, you will need to let us know so that we can schedule another assignment that fits your schedule.
What if a volunteer does not have a way to get to their assignment?
All volunteers are required to have reliable transportation. Mass transit is encouraged.
If I volunteer, is there a chance that I will get All-Star Game tickets?
Very few volunteers will be needed on the day of the All-Star Game, except at FanFest. No volunteers will be utilized in Yankee Stadium on game day. All volunteers will have an opportunity to win All-Star Game tickets. Volunteers also have the opportunity to experience All-Star Week through the events prior such as the DHL All-Star FanFestŪ at the Jacob Javits Convention Center.
- Registration will not guarantee volunteer placement.
- Applicants for volunteer opportunities are subject to a background check.
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age by 06/30/08. A valid driver's license or state identification may be used as proof.
- Very few volunteers, if any, will be needed on the day of the All-Star Game (Tuesday, July 15, 2008), except at FanFest. No volunteers will be utilized in Yankee Stadium on game day.
- Volunteers will be expected to provide their own transportation to their assigned location. Mass transit is encouraged.
- Volunteers must be able to work a minimum of three shifts (approximately 4 hours each).
- All volunteers must attend at least one training session pertaining to the event(s) for which they are scheduled.
- Most training sessions will take place in the morning and/or evening.
- Volunteer opportunities will be provided on an equal basis without regard to age, sex, race, religion or disability.
- If volunteers are from out of state, they are responsible for all travel related costs.