Jeff Jones - Pitching Coach #51
Named Detroit's pitching coach on July 3, 2011, marking the first time he has served in that capacity at the major league level...the 2014 season marks his 37th in professional baseball.
• Tabbed the Tigers bullpen coach on November 9, 2006, marking his fifth stint in that capacity -- spent the 1995 season, the final month of the 1998 season and all of 1999 as the club's bullpen coach, in addition to joining the major league staff to serve the remainder of the season in that role on both September 7, 2000, and April 9, 2002.
• Prior to joining Detroit's major league coaching staff, he most recently served as the pitching coach at Triple-A Toledo for seven seasons (2000-06)...also served in that role with Toledo in 1990, 1993-94 and 1997-98.
• His professional coaching career began with the Tigers organization in 1989, when he served as the pitching coach at Class A Fayetteville...spent two seasons as the pitching coach at Double-A London (1991-92) and one season as the pitching coach at Double-A Jacksonville (1996).
• Selected by Oakland in the 13th round of the June 1977 draft, his pitching career spanned 11 seasons (1977-87).
• Attended Southgate High School in Michigan, helping lead his team to the Wyandotte League title in 1974...attended Bowling Green State University.
• Actively participates in Play Baseball Detroit, and the Tigers Dreams Come True Program, joined youths in celebrating the holiday season at the Detroit Tigers/SportService Holiday Giving Party, and participated in the Tigers Winter Caravan.
• He and his wife Paula reside in Carleton, MI...the couple has two daughters, Audrey and Whitney.